Sunday, September 03, 2006

Memory Lane

Since the summer is ended, I thought I would share some cool stuff that I shot this year.

These are from a car show I attended in St. James, NY at a place called Flowerfield. Sadly, there won't be many more shows here as Stony Brook University has decided to steal this land by seizing it through eminent domain. For those of you unfamiliar with SBU, it's a state U with literally acres and acres of undeveloped land. They don't need to seize the neighbors land if they need a few new buildings - what they are doing is wrong and at some levels threaten all of us.

It was actually hard to get images of these cars without reflections of other cars as they are mirror polished and parked in close proximity to each other. I tried to use the reflections to make some cool images.




The owner of this Mustang was proudly boasting that this car was currently being featured in a commercial for Ford starring Derek Jeter and Spike Lee. Spike drove this car in the commercial.


This is when a Cadillac was a Cadillac! My grandfather had one with fins when I was young.


Clearly those baby boomers are aging.



My first car was a Dodge Challenger, just like this one. I had it for many years through High School and College. Boy do I wish I had it back now.

No comments: